Tuesday, May 24, 2016
Just when i thought my day couldn't get any better, my sister surprised me with a birthday gift. Timing was perfect as i was still recovering from the death of my Dior Jadore perfume which left me this morning. (Note: she got me that perfume last Christmas so the pain of losing it was REAL.)
But my sister made all the dark stormy clouds go away. I don't know how she does it but one thing i know for sure is she hates seeing me down. That's why i love her! She's my sunshine and my radio to my head. She restored my smile although feeble after i ripped the gift paper to see a limited edition One Direction's first album with Zayn's face on the cover and the back! Thanks Van Van for the AmaZAYN birthday gift and for being the best sister / friend / partner-in-crime / gym buddy and for simply being an amazing human to me. XO
Monday, May 23, 2016
|Left to Right: Sheena, Doreen, Evian, the amazing Stephanie Koh, Umm..Me & the fabulous Sarah May Low|
Another year has passed and the numbers just get bigger over time and fast. SCARY. Of course, I meant age here and this also means that i'm officially another year older in my evolving 'woman' body although I'm still trying to understand the transition for which i think i'm doing alright. This year's celebration was surprisingly nice. It was the usual and intimate celebration with my friends and family also not forgetting my newest good friend: wine.
Rundown of My Pretty Amazing Weekend
- Road raged with Cat and Pri on Friday. Well, mostly me. Almost broke the ticket machine but i decided to be kind.
- Raged again for my awful watermelon sangria but the pizza and chocolate cake made up for it.
- Had a birthday song sang to me in a restaurant which i usually HATE but this time i was alright with it. (That doesn't mean that i love the whole birthday singing thing cos it's still weird to me. And i did cringe a bit - please don't hate me girls, i love you and thanks for the surprise!)
- Dinner with the family was beautiful, porky and delicious. Dad was adventurous with food this time which i'm really happy for him. So GO DAD!
- Fitted into my old LBD perfectly and headed out with Steph for drinks.
- Saw a cute guy at a bar that was very my type but was too chicken sh*t to say hi or even make eye contact - BOO me!
- Drank alcohol and it wasn't just wine - i had champagne and i wasn't drunk. YAY me!
- My new self-treated MAC lipstick in diva shade lasted throughout the night.